Bunk beds are the premier way of saving space in a small bedroom. Many kids like them, because they are fun to sleep on and give their friends a place to stay when they sleep over. The most common materials that bunks are made from are wood or metal. They are more durable and can be anchored to the wall if need be.
- Bunk bed bedroom furniture is functional for people of all ages because of the many different types of bunk beds bedroom furniture available.
- Any room that has limited space can benefit from having bunk beds. Here are some of the different types of bunk bed bedroom furniture and how they can be used.
- Traditional bunks are twin over twin beds. Sometimes the beds are attached so that one sits directly over the other, while other times the bottom bed is not attached so that it can sit lengthwise underneath the upper bunk.
Traditional bunk bed bedroom furniture was originally created for the Navy to maximize space on submarines. The more beds they could put in a smaller space the fewer bedrooms that they needed on a submarine.
When sailors came home from being on the ships and submarines, they found that with the more children they had.
- Some bunk beds bedroom furniture sets come decorated as a play set.
- There is sometimes a slide to get off the upper bed or the lower bed will be surrounded as if in a fortress so that kids can play. This set up was especially useful in places that received a lot of rain.
- Because parents did not want their children playing in the park and catching cold from the wet, they created bedroom furniture to include a play structure so that children could still be creative and have imaginative, fun play inside the house on rainy days.
- Beds for teens are a little different from the traditional model.
- Often times, these beds are a full or queen size mattress under a twin size bed.
- Some manufacturers also produce full over full bunk bed bedroom furniture sets if you have multiple teenagers living in your home.
- This is also ideal for roommates that live in single bedroom apartments.
- Student housing at University is very cramped. To make the best economical space, “student bunk beds” are often used.
- These student bunks are a loft style bunk bed that sits higher off the ground with a desk attached to either the bed frame or one that just sits underneath the bed. This creates more space in the small room for a wardrobe closet as well as whatever else you would care to put in your room.