While you as a homeowner have the option to order your house interior plans from the designers and architects at Better Homes and Gardens online, you can get over the expense of that by doing your own interior makeover plans with an interior designer software crafted by the people at Better Homes and Gardens.
They actually have a suite of design solutions for getting your dream house, interiors and gardens rendered in 3D on the PC before you start spending on making any of that a reality. One interesting software is the Better Homes and Gardens Interior Designer 8.0. It has been designed specifically for the homeowner who likes to do things on his/her own and has some artistic talent and the patience to learn the software. Designing your interiors and making it look real on your PC has never been this easy. Take a look at some of its features.
Visualizing Your Dream Interior on the PC
The Interior Designer 8.0 is a 2D and 3D drawing tool and modeler optimized for home interior design with over 1000 sample interior plans to get you inspired by. Designing your interiors gets aided with an integral library containing over 5000 common house items like furnishings, lighting fixtures, appliances, shelves and cabinets, windows, material textures and wall paper designs to mention just a few.
And when you register online at the Home Designer website, you can add to this library with free downloads of name-brand home interior items. You can also get free expert design advice from the magazine editors of Better Homes and Gardens in its online Design Planning Center.
- Kitchen and Bath. The built-in library gives you a wide variety of appliances you can just drag and drop onto your design. It has Cabinet Designer tools to create as many cabinet styles as you need. You can customize kitchen tops with a choice of laminate or textured surfaces as well as paint color schemes limited only by your imagination. With a simulated 3D camera tool you can create any viewing angle for a more realistic perspective view on your kitchen or bath design.
- Room Decorating. With a library of furniture, surface textures and fabric, as well as appliances and fixtures, curtains and other window treatments, ceilings and floor designs, you can indulge yourself on your ideal interior look and feel
- Floor Planning. As a 2D drawing tool, you can create your interior floor plan with a virtual graph to accurately scale your dimensions relative to the elements in the plan and your actual room and house dimensions.
- Project Cost Estimating. The software gets a quasi project management tool that allows you to generate a spreadsheet of the costs involved in your interior design plan broken down in suitable categories.
- Interior Remodeling. Rearrange your partitions, add or combine rooms, rearrange windows and furniture and generate 3D views with several options of light and shadows applied on your remodeled interior for a more realistic look, all with user-friendly ease.
- 3D Modeling and Virtual Walkthroughs. As a 3D rendering tool, you can render realistic views of your final design project with a virtual animated tour complete with realistic lighting and shadows.